Discover purpose: Blended.

Discover~Laugh~Think~Examine~Create
BLENDED.

Enjoy.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Salt Lake and the Effects Thereof.

This past weekend, I was able to go down to Salt Lake. The week before, as mentioned in the last post, was really cold in Rexburg. It was the "my-face-is-so-cold-I-can't-tell-if-it's-still-there-anymore" cold. Then we went to Salt Lake, where it was a warm and comfortable 60 degrees. That was a welcome temperature. I had a light jacket on, and I was able to take pictures without my hands getting too cold to feel the shutter button. And boy did I take pictures! It was my Uncle Kelly's Funeral, so I had the opportunity to take lots of meaningful pictures in Kanosh. Kanosh is this tiny town off the beaten path that has a lot of sentimental value for the Watts side of my family. It's a quaint little town that holds lots of memories for them. I'm glad we were all able to go as a family, and I'm glad that I have learned enough about my camera that I got some decent shots. I saw cousins that I haven't seen in 3 years, so there were some definite Kodak moments. The Watts Brothers.


My Grandparents.


The beautiful casket.


Josh (my cousin, left) poking fun at Stan (my uncle, right).


A perfect ending to a wonderful day.

There are a lot more where this came from, but I thought just a handful would suffice. I was playing around with the exposure settings because the sun was so bright that day. Definitely an interesting and new challenge that I needed to get used to. The funeral was beautiful, the day was beautiful, everything was beautiful. It was so good to see all of my family again!

The next day, Monika (my roommate who came and stayed with us) and I went to Temple Square. She had a sister missionary she wanted to see who unfortunately couldn't fit us into her schedule. We decided to walk around the grounds and take pictures instead. The sun shone for us, yet again, and you could actually feel the sun beating on you! It made for some gorgeous pictures.






So that was a total success. Yay! But now, it's Sunday, and I haven't done any of my homework, including my midterm take-home exam that's due Monday in class. I have a strict no-homework-on-Sunday rule for myself (if you do homework on Sunday, I'm not judging--it's just a personal opinion). But, come on. This was the midterm exam! It needed to get done! I also had other homework that needed to get done as well! After giving it much thought, I decided to stick to my guns and not do it on Sunday. I was going to get up extra early (4:00 to be exact) to get my homework done. Everything was running smoothly. I was able to get up, and study for an hour beforehand (because I had had no time to study over the weekend), and then take my test. I had a different class at 7:45 that morning. The midterm was so difficult that I decided that I had better just skip that class so I could finish it by 10:15, which was when my English Lit class started. Honestly, the test was a whole bunch of quotes from short stories that we have been reading from all semester long, and I had to say which story it was from, who in the story said it, and what the context was when the person said it. Ridiculous! Fortunately, I had kept up really well with the reading, so I did pretty well. All in all, I did come out on top. This week of midterms is now over, and I did not have to break the rule I have given to myself. It all worked out!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your uncle. I'll bet he was a really good guy. :( Thank goodness for the Gospel! I can't imagine life--or death--without it. Yay for family!

    Great photos! The sunset one is my favorite of this bunch--very beautiful.

    Way to stick to your guns, no matter how hard it may have been. Sounds like the Lord definitely blessed you for that. I have the same rule for myself, but the past couple weeks have been busy and I've been really tempted to do at least a little homework on Sunday. But I haven't broken my rule even still; and thank you for sharing your experience here, because it's good to hear of others succeeding with similar goals. Strength in numbers.

    ReplyDelete