Discover purpose: Blended.

Discover~Laugh~Think~Examine~Create
BLENDED.

Enjoy.

Friday, July 29, 2011

To My Chicas: Chelsabelle

I have been blessed with so many wonderful women in my life. After trying to talk about all of them in one blog post, I decided that they each deserved their own blog post. I have too much to say about my girls that I would cheat everyone out if I didn't explain in more detail. Like I've learned in my English classes about writing: talk more about less. So the chica that's been on my mind a lot lately is my sweet roommate from last semester- Chelsie Whitney.

This past winter, I moved into a new complex where I didn't know anyone. I was just thrown into the mix. But I had the opportunity to live with 4 beautiful, wonderful girls, one of whom was Chelsie.

When we first met, we found out that we had taken photography from the same teacher at the same time! What a wonderful coincidence that was. We were able to learn about photography together and practice on each other and our other roommates. She and I had so much fun talking about our teacher's clothes (she was so well put together, of course). We both aspired to be like our teacher. But what Chelsie didn't realize was that I just wanted to be like her.

Learning about her and her story showed me how tough a woman can be. She is the strongest girl I know--overcoming incredible odds with such grace. I was lucky enough to live with her for 14 weeks. And over those 14 weeks I grew to love such a wonderful and awe-inspiring girl. From conquering cancer to shipping off her soul mate, Chelsie mustered through it all.

She is also a party animal. Our Winter Semester theme song was "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele. I could always count on her to be ready to go do something crazy- like going to Denny's at Midnight or blasting music and yelling at the top of our lungs, then going to a cupcake place called Cocoa Bean for their delicious cupcakes and hot chocolate. Being a fellow English major, she and I were able to discuss literature and professors we've both had.

Chelsabelle, here is to you. I love you TONS, and I know you can do anything. Thank you for being my big sister. I can't wait to get to live with you again! Have fun in China!
Isn't she beautiful?! And she is even more beautiful on the inside.

1 comment:

  1. this is seriously one of the nicest, sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. I am so grateful for your beautiful spirit and your friendship to me during that semester. You were someone I could rely on no matter what was coming my way. I learned so much from living with you. You are a beautiful soul and I am SO GRATEFUL for you! I can't wait until we can live together again. I loveee you!

    ReplyDelete