Discover purpose: Blended.

Discover~Laugh~Think~Examine~Create
BLENDED.

Enjoy.

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Cost of Idiocy

Boy am I grateful for my mom. She called me today and said, "I think you're getting overdrafted in your bank account. Would you mind looking and seeing how much money you have left in your checking account?" I did. Overdraft? Yes. Whose fault? My stupid thought: "We need to have a fetchin' DVD Player in our apartment so we can watch movies with friends!" Ay. I'm so happy that we have a DVD player, but instead of the $30 dollars I paid for it, I paid $60 on top of that in overdraft charges because I got excited. What a joke! I wouldn't buy a DVD player for $90! But looky here, I just did.

How many times do I neglect doing the little stuff, like checking my bank account and not going off of memory how much I have in there, and get really upset when things blow up? Well, if I had just looked for Pete's sake (or my own in this case, I suppose) I would have only paid $30 for a DVD player. Good grief I feel like an idiot.

So now I ask myself, what other things do I do just like that? Do I expect my body to run on 3 hours of sleep then get angry when I fall asleep in class? Do I expect my ipod to sing to me all the time then get upset when it dies? Stretching things to their limits all the time makes it so that I can't get anything done.

Lesson learned: check ups now save lots of money later!

No comments:

Post a Comment